Recipe type: Butter
- 1 Cantaloupe Melon
- Lemon juice
- Remove the rind and the pips from the melon, then dice the fruit.
- Place in a pan with enough water to cover the bottom and prevent burning, and cook until the melon is soft and pulpy.
- Pass the cooked mix through a sieve.
- For every 600ml (1 pint) of liquid add:
- a) 2.5ml (1/2 tsp) cinnamon
- b) 2.5ml (1/2 tsp) lemon juice
- c) 225g (8oz) sugar
- Bring the mixture to the boil, stirring all the time to make sure the sugar is dissolved and the mix does not burn.
- Boil well for 25 minutes or until the mix sets when tested.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars and seal.