Recipe type: Jam
- 2.75kg (6lb) sugar
- 4kg (9lb) tomatoes
- a little lemon juice
- boiling water
- Boil a kettle of water while putting the tomatoes into a large heat proof bowl.
- Pour the boiling water over the tomatoes in the bowl, then drain and remove the skins from the tomatoes.
- Place the tomatoes, sugar and lemon juice in a preserving pan and bring to the boil.
- Continue boiling until the tomatoes become transparent and the juice resembles a thick syrup.
- Skim if necessary to keep the jam clear.
- Allow the jam to cool slightly before pouring into prepared jars.