Recipe type: Cheese
- Place the damsons in an oven proof pan.
- Sprinkle the damsons with a dusting of sugar.
- Place the pan into the oven and cook until the fruit is soft.
- Remove from the oven and press the fruits through a fine sieve whilst they are still warm.
- Measure the pulp and add 450g (1lb) of sugar for every 1.2l (2 pints) of pulp.
- Place the pulp and sugar into a preserving pan and boil gently for one and a half hours.
- The pulp will now be a 'cheese' and should be poured into molds and covered over when cold.