Sloe and Apple Cheese
Recipe type: Cheese
- Wash the sloes and apples to remove dirt and debris. Do not peel or core the apples.
- Place equal quantities of ripe sloes and green apples (skins and cores included) in a preserving pan, add just enough water to reach the top of the fruit, and simmer until the fruit is soft and tender.
- Work the mixture through a fine sieve, discarding the material that becomes trapped.
- Return the pulp to an empty preserving pan and, for every 600ml (1 pint) of pulp, add 400g (14oz) of sugar.
- Bring to the boil and continue to boil until it reaches setting point.
- Pour into prepared warm jars and seal well.