Recipe type: Curd
- 225g (8oz) Caster Sugar
- 160g (6oz) Dried Apricots
- 50g (2oz) Butter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Lemon
- Wash the apricots, then cover them with water and leave to soak for 24 hours.
- Place the apricots in a jam pan, bring to the boil and simmer for about 30 minutes until the fruits are soft and tender.
- Mash well with a fork, or place in a food processor to create a puree.
- Place the puree in a bowl placed over a saucepan of boiling water.
- Grate the rind of the lemon.
- Extract the juice from the lemon.
- Put the sugar, butter, and the rind and juice from the lemon, into the pan and cook over a low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Beat the two eggs.
- Remove from the heat and blend in the beaten eggs.
- Return to the low heat and cook until the curd will stick to the back of a spoon.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars and seal well.