Apple and Bilberry
Recipe type: Jam
Serves: 3 jars
- 1kg (2lbs) of apples (weighed AFTER peeling and coring)
- 500g (1lb) of bilberries
- 1.5kg (3lb 8oz) of sugar
- 150 ml (5fl oz) water
- Peel and core enough apples to produce 1kg of sliced apples.
- Put the apple slices and the bilberries into a preserving pan.
- Add the water and gently heat the pan until the fruits are mushy and the juice flows freely.
- Add the sugar and slowly bring to the boil, stirring until all the sugar has dissolved. DO NOT allow it to boil until ALL the sugar is dissolved.
- Boil brisky until setting point is reached.
- Transfer into warm and sterile jars.
- Seal well