Apple and Plum Jam
Recipe type: Jam
- 750g (1lb 10oz) stoned plums
- 750g (1lb 10oz) crab or sour apples (weighed AFTER peeling and coring)
- 1.5kg (3lb 5oz) sugar
- 300ml (10 fl oz) water
- Place the fruits and the water in a preserving pan.
- Heat gently whilst stirring and crushing the fruits until they are pulpy and the juice is flowing freely.
- Add the sugar
- Bring to the boil slowly, stirring constantly to make sure all the sugar has dissolved before reaching boiling point.
- Keep boiling until setting point is reached.
- Transfer into warm and sterile jars.