Apricot and Honey Jam
Recipe type: Jam
- 2.75kg (6 lb) of apricots
- 450g (1lb) of sugar
- 160g (6 oz) cups of honey
- 50g (3 tablespoons) of lemon juice
- Wash the apricots, then cut in half and remove the pits.
- Quarter each apricot half into 4 lengthwise strips.
- Mix the apricot slices, sugar, honey, and lemon juice in a large bowl - NOT aluminium.
- Allow to stand at room temperature for 3 to 4 hours, stirring several times to keep the fruit coated and to help the juices dissolve the sugar.
- Pour the fruit mixture into a large preserving pan and bring to the boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and continue cooking for about half an hour, stirring from time to time.
- Continue until the mixture thickens and has a glossy look.
- Remove any scum from the surface.
- Pour into in to hot sterilized jars, and seal well.