Apricot Jam II
Recipe type: Jam
- 1kg (2lb 4oz) apricots, halved and stoned
- Juice of 1 small lemon
- 250ml (9 fl oz) water
- 1kg (2lb 4oz) caster sugar
- 1 knob butter
- Place the apricot halves, lemon juice and water in a large non-reactive saucepan and bring slowly to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the fruit is soft. This should take 10 to 20 minutes
- Remove from the heat, add the sugar and stir well until it has all dissolved.
- Return the pan to the heat, add the butter and stir until melted.
- Bring the jam to the boil and keep it boiling rapidly for 15 minutes.
- Test for setting. If setting point has not yet been reached, boil for an additional 5 minutes and then test it again.
- Pour into warm sterilised jars and seal with good fitting lids.