- 12 large bananas
- 6 oranges
- 4 lemons
- Peel and slice the bananas - cut into thin slices.
- Peel the citrus fruits, removing all the white pith from the surface of the fruit segments.
- Slice the citrus fruits.
- Use a cup or other container to transfer the mixed fruit to a large pan, counting the number of cups used.*
- For every 4 cups of fruit, add 3 cups of sugar.
- Over a low heat, stir the mix until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to a rolling boil and allow to boil for 20 minutes, stirring to prevent burning.
- Remove any scum from the surface.
- Pour into sterilized jars and seal.
* The fruit is measured by volume, not weight. You can use any container so long as you count how many times you fill it. For example, if you transfer eight jugs of fruit to the pan, that's eight lots of fruit, so you will need six lots of sugar.