Recipe type: Jam
- 1.5kg (3lb 5oz) bilberries
- 1.5kg (3lb 5oz) sugar
- 2 large lemons
- 150ml (5fl oz) of water
- 225 ml (7fl oz) liquid pectin
- Put the berries and the water in a pan and gently heat. Stir occasionally until the berries form a pulp.
- Add the sugar and slowly heat whilst stirring until all the sugar has been dissolved.
- Bring to the boil.
- Add the juice from the 2 lemons and boil until the jam looks shiny and smooth.
- Remove from the heat, add the liquid pectin, stir well and allow to cool until a skin forms on the surface.
- Transfer to warm and sterile jars.
- Seal well.