Blackberry and Apple Jam (Seedless)
Recipe type: Jam
- 450g (1 lb) cooking apples
- 450g (1 lb) blackberries
- 1.8kg (4 lb) sugar white
- 300ml (½ pint) water
- Remove debris such as leaves from the blackberries.
- Peel and core the apples, cut into chunks. Keep the peel and cores.
- Put the cores and peel into a muslin bag, tie it closed and place it in the preserving pan.
- Cut the apples into chunks.
- Add the apples, blackberries and water to the preserving pan, and cook until the apples are soft.
- Remove the muslin bag and discard the contents.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve to remove the blackberry pips and then return the mix to the preserving pan.
- Cook on a low heat and slowly add the sugar whilst stirring. Continue to stir until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Bring back to the boil and boil hard until setting point is reached.
- Pour into sterile warm jars and seal immediately.