Blackberry and Elderberry Jam
Recipe type: Jam
- Clean the berries, removing the stalks and any debris.
- Take equal quantities of blackberries and elderberries, place them in a preserving pan and bring gently to the boil. There is no need to add water.
- Boil for about 20 minutes.
- Add the sugar at the rate of 340g (3/4 lb) of sugar per 450g (1 lb) of fruit.
- Stir and make sure the sugar dissolves, then boil for an additional 20 minutes.
- Check for setting, and then pour into warm prepared jars and seal well.