Blackberry and Mulberry Jam
Recipe type: Jam
- 750g (1lb 10 oz) blackberries
- 750g (1lb 10 oz) mulberries
- 1.5kg (3lb 5oz) sugar
- 30ml (2 tablespoons) of lemon juice
- Put the berries in a pan and very gently heat whilst stirring.
- As the berries break apart, make sure the bottom of the pan is stirred constantly until there is enough juice to prevent burning.
- When the fruits are pulpy, add the sugar and the lemon juice.
- Bring to the boil, stirring well to make sure that all the sugar is dissolved before the jam boils.
- Boil well until setting point is reached.
- Transfer to warmed and sterile jars.
- Seal well