- 9 units of crushed berries
- 6 units of sugar
- Combine berries and sugar.
- Bring slowly to a boil, stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves.
- Cook rapidly until the jam reaches setting point.
- As mixture thickens, stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- Remove any scum from the surface.
- Pour hot jam immediately into sterile, hot jars, filling them almost to the brim.
- Seal well
Use any unit of measure, kilograms, pounds, cups or jugs, it doesn't matter so long as you keep the ratio as 9 of fruit and 6 or sugar.