Recipe type: Jam
- 9 units crushed berries
- 6 units sugar
- Combine berries and sugar.
- Bring slowly to a boil, stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves.
- Cook rapidly until the jam reaches setting point.
- As mixture thickens, stir frequently to prevent sticking.
- Remove any scum from the surface.
- Pour hot jam immediately into sterile, hot jars.
- Seal well
This recipe is about ratios rather than weights, so you can use any measure – pounds, kilograms, cups, jugs – it doesn’t matter so long as you stick to the ratio of 9 of fruit and 6 of sugar.