Cherry Jam II
Recipe type: Jam
- 4 cups pitted cherries, chopped in to halves
- 60g (2 oz) powdered pectin
- 50ml (2 fl oz) lemon juice
- 50ml (2 fl oz) almond flavouring
- 1.25ml (1/4 tsp) salt
- 2.5ml (1/2 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 2.5ml (1/2 tsp) ground cloves
- 4½ cups sugar
- Place all ingredients, except the sugar, into a large jam pan.
- Bring to a full rolling boil.
- Add the sugar and stir well whilst keeping the mix boiling.
- Boil for 10 to 20 minutes until the mix thickens and reaches setting point.
- Skim mixture to remove surface scum if necessary.
- Pour into hot, sterilized jars.
- Seal well.