Cherry Jam III
Recipe type: Jam
- 2.95kg (6½ lb) dark (Morello) cherries
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 1.6kg (3½ lb) sugar
- Wash and then stone the cherries.
- Place the stones in a muslin bag.
- Put the bag of cherry stones in the pan, with the cherries and lemon juice.
- Simmer gently over low heat until the juices begin to run and the fruit is tender.
- Remove the muslin bag, and stir in the sugar.
- Bring to the boil and boil rapidly until setting point is reached.
- Remove from the heat, skim any scum from the surface, pour into pre-heated jars, cover and seal whilst still hot.