Cranberry and Orange Jam
Recipe type: Jam
- 1.5 kg (3lb 5oz) sugar
- 1.5 kg (3lb 5oz) cranberries
- 1 large orange
- 500ml (18 fl oz) water
- Optional: 15ml (1 tablespoon) of lemon juice
- Put the sugar and water in a preserving pan and heat.
- Stir well until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to the boil.
- Add the whole cranberries.
- Finely grate the peel of the orange.
- Add the peel to the pan.
- Keep at the boil for about 20 minutes or until setting point is reached.
- If the jam will not set, add the lemon juice and the juice from the orange, then boil until it will set.
- Transfer to warmed and sterile jars, and seal well.