- 200g (7oz) fresh cranberries
- 65g ( 2½ oz)1/2 Cup finely chopped red onion
- 350ml (12 fl oz) apple cider
- 60ml (2½ fl oz) balsamic vinegar
- 45ml (3 Tablespoons) honey
- 15ml (1 Tablespoon) frozen orange juice concentrate
- 1.25ml (1/4 Teaspoon) ground cinnamon
- 0.6ml (1/8 Teaspoon) ground cardamom
- 1 pinch of salt
- Place the cranberries, cider and chopped onion in a pan, and bring to the boil over a medium heat.
- Simmer until the berries are soft. This should be 5 to 10 minutes.
- Mash the mixture well, or transfer to a blender if you prefer a smooth pulp.
- Return to the pan, and add the vinegar, orange juice, spices, salt and honey.
- Bring back to the boil and leave for about 25 minutes, until thick and ready to set.
- Remove any scum, and pour into hot, sterilized jars.
- Seal well, and store somewhere cool.
This jam can sometimes go off after about a month, so make in small quantities at first until you know its life expectancy.