Dried Apricot Jam
Recipe type: Jam
- 450g (1lb) dried apricots
- 50g (2oz) almonds
- 1.4kg (3lb) sugar
- 1 lemon
- Wash the apricots in warm water.
- Place the apricots in a bowl with enough boiling water to cover them
- Cover the bowl and leave for 24 hours
- Transfer the apricots and water to a preserving pan
- Bring gently to the boil and then boil for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Add the sugar and chopped almonds
- Boil well until setting point is reached.(* see notes)
- Transfer to heated and sterile jars.
- Seal immediately.
* If the jam refuses to set, add the juice of one lemon.