Gooseberry and Cherry Jam
- 1kg (2lb 3oz) gooseberries
- 500g (1lb 2oz) cherries (weighed AFTER the stones have been removed)
- 500ml (18 fl oz) water
- 1.5kg (3lb 5oz) sugar
- Clean the berries to remove stalks and dirt
- Place in a preserving pan with the water.
- Simmer gently until the fruit is soft. This may take half an hour
- Add the sugar and stir over low heat until dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and boil rapidly until setting point is reached.
- Remove from the heat, skim, pour into preheated jars, cover and seal whilst still hot.