Gooseberry and Loganberry Jam
- 700g (1.5 lb) gooseberries
- 700g (1.5 lb) loganberries
- 150ml (1/4 pint) water
- 1.4kg (3 lb) sugar
- Clean the berries to remove stalks and dirt
- Place in a preserving pan with the water.
- Simmer gently until the fruit is soft. This may take half an hour
- Add the sugar and stir over low heat until dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and boil rapidly until setting point is reached.
- Remove from the heat, skim, pour into preheated jars, cover and seal whilst still hot.