Gooseberry Jam II
Recipe type: Jam
- 1.25kg ((2lb 12oz) green gooseberries
- 500 ml (18fl oz) water
- 1.5 kg (3lb 2oz) sugar
- Use green gooseberries which are still firm to touch.
- Top and tail, then wash the fruit.
- Place in a preserving pan with the water.
- Simmer gently until the fruit is soft. This may take half an hour
- Add the sugar and stir over low heat until dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and boil rapidly until setting point is reached.
- Remove from the heat, skim, pour into preheated jars, cover and seal whilst still hot.