Recipe type: Jam
- 24 kiwi fruits, peeled and mashed
- 175ml (6fl oz) pineapple juice
- 60ml (4 tablespoons) fresh lemon juice
- 3 apples, unpeeled and halved
- 800g (1lb 12oz) caster sugar
- In a preserving pan, combine the mashed kiwi, pineapple juice, lemon juice and apples.
- Bring to the boil and add the sugar; stir to dissolve, reduce the heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Remove the apples from the liquid.
- Pour the jam into hot, sterilized jars and seal.
- NB: The apples provide pectin for the mixture and can be either thrown away or, better still, made into either an apple puree or an apple pie.