Recipe type: Jam
- 1kg (2lb 3oz) ripe mangoes
- 300g (11 oz) sugar
- 150ml ( ¼ pint) water
- Wash the mangoes and then either steam or microwave them until the flesh is soft.
- Peel and remove the stone, and put the flesh into a large bowl.
- Mash or blitz the Mango flesh to create Mango pulp.
- Place the sugar and water in a large saucepan over a low heat and bring to the boil, stirring occasionally.
- When mixture reaches boiling point increase the heat and continue to boil rapidly until thin threads form, in the mixture.
- Add the mango pulp,stir well, and keep on the boil until the mixture thickens, taking about 5 minutes.
- Pour into sterilized jars and seal well.