Recipe type: Jelly
- Cooking apples (2 medium large ones)
- 910g (2lb) mulberries
- 300ml (1/2 pint) water
- Cut the whole apples into small chunks, retaining the core and peel.
- Place the apple chunks in a preserving pan, add the water and cook until the apples soften - about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the mulberries and continue to cook until the apples are pulpy.
- Transfer the pan contents to a jelly bag and leave to drip over night.
- Measure the collected juice.
- For every 600ml (1pint) of juice, weigh out 450g (1lb) of sugar.
- Place the juice and sugar in the preserving pan and bring to the boil
- Boil briskly until setting point is reached.
- Pour into heated and sterile jars.
- Seal immediately.