Recipe type: Jam
- 1.4kg (3lb) of dried nectarines
- 5.4l (9 pints) of water
- 4.1kg (9lbs) of sugar
- Juice from 2 large lemons.
- Cut the dried nectarines into small chunks, about 2cm (1") long.
- Place the dried fruits and the water in a large bowl and leave to soak for 24 hours.
- Transfer the mix to a preserving pan, add the lemon juice and bring to the boil.
- Boil until the fruit is tender.
- Add the sugar and stir well until it is all dissolved.
- Boil rapidly until the jam sets when tested.
- Skim the scum off the surface as necessary.
- Pour into warm prepared jars.