Peach and Plum Jam
Recipe type: Jam
- 1kg (2lb 3oz) plums
- 500g (1lb 2oz) not quite ripe peaches.
- 1.5kg (3lb 5oz) sugar
- 300ml (1/2 pint) water
- Prepare the peaches by covering them in boiling water and leaving them for 2 minutes.
- Transfer to a bowl of cold water, allow to cool and the skins should now come easily off the peaches.
- Place the combined fruits into the preserving pan, add the water, and heat gently until the fruit is soft and pulpy.
- Add the sugar and stir well to ensure that all the sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and boil briskly until setting point is reached.
- Transfer to warmed and sterile jars- seal well.