Recipe type: Jam
- 1 lemon
- 1 large pineapple (ripe)
- sugar to match the weight of the prepared pineapple
- Peel the pineapple and remove all the woody parts.
- Chop the pineapple flesh into small cubes.
- Weigh the pineapple chunks.
- Place the pineapple chunks and an equal weight of sugar into a non-metallic bowl and leave to stand for 10 hours.
- Add the lemon juice, transfer the mix to a preserving pan and bring to the boil.
- Boil firmly until the pineapple chunks become transparent and the syrup becomes thick and sticky.
- Skim if necessary whilst still boiling.
- Remove from the heat and allow the jam to cool almost to room temperature before pouring into prepared jars.