Plum and Blackberry Jam
Recipe type: Jam
- 1kg (2lb 3oz) plums
- 500g (1lb 2oz) blackberries
- 1.5kg (3lb 5oz) sugar
- Place the blackberries and plums in a preserving pan.
- Heat gently whilst stirring and crushing the fruits so the juice is extracted.
- Make sure the bottom of the pan does not over heat and burn the ingredients before they release enough juice.
- Continue to cook until the plums are soft and pulpy.
- Add the sugar and stir well until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and continue to boil until setting point is reached.
- Transfer to warmed and sterile jars, then seal well.