Recipe type: Jam
- 1kg (2lb 3oz) quinces (weighed AFTER peeling and coring)
- 1 large lemon
- 1.2l ( 2 pints) water
- 1.5 kg (3lb 5oz) sugar
- Peel and core the quinces until you have 1kg (2lb 3oz) of prepared fruit.
- Cut the quince flesh into small chunks.
- Place the quince, water and lemon juice in a preserving pan and cook until the fruit is tender and soft.
- Add the sugar and bring to the boil slowly, stirring all the time to ensure that all the sugar is dissolved.
- Boil well until setting point is reached.
- Transfer to warmed and sterile jars. Seal well.