Raisin and Rhubarb Jam
- 1.5kg (3lb 5oz) chopped rhubarb
- 3 large lemons
- 1.5kg (3lb 5oz) sugar
- 150g (5½oz) raisins
- Chop the rhubarb into 3cm (1") chunks and place in a wide bowl.
- Add the juice of the three lemons.
- Cover the rhubarb with sugar and leave it overnight. The sugar will soak up the juice and make the rhubarb slightly more firm.
- Transfer to a preserving pan.
- Check the raisins for stalk s- remove any debris.
- Add the raisins to the pan, and slowly increase the heat whilst stirring well.
- Ensure the sugar has fully dissolved before the jam reaches boiling point.
- Once the sugar has dissolved, bring to a good boil and keep boiling until it reaches setting point. A fast boil is ideal and will give better results than a slow boil.
- Remove from the heat and transfer into warmed and sterile jars.