Redcurrant and Cherry Jam
Recipe type: Jam
- 1 kg (2lbs) cherries
- 450g (1lb)redcurrants
- 1.5 kg (3lb 5oz) sugar
- 150 ml (1/4 pint) water
- Wash the fruit.
- Remove stones from cherries.
- Top and tail the redcurrants.
- Place all the fruit and the water in a preserving pan and bring to the boil.
- Turn down the heat so the mixture simmers and leave it to cook until the fruit is soft - 20 to 30 minutes.
- Add the sugar slowly, stirring all the time to ensure that it dissolves. Keep stirring until the bottom of the pan is free of gritty sugar crystals.
- Bring back to the boil and boil hard until setting point is reached.
- Pour into warm sterilized jars and seal immediately.