Redcurrant and Raspberry Jam
Recipe type: Jam
- 2.72kg (6lb) redcurrants
- 910g (2lb) raspberries
- 3.65kg (8lb) sugar
- A little water
- Clean and destalk the currants.
- Place the currants, the raspberries and a little water into a preserving pan.
- Simmer the fruit until it becomes soft and tender.
- Add the sugar and stir constantly until it dissolves completely.
- Bring to the boil, and keep it on a rolling boil until the jam will set when tested.
- Skim if necessary
- Pour into prepared jars.