Recipe type: Jam
- 1kg (2lb) redcurrants
- 1kg (2lb) sugar
- (or other equal measures of berries and sugar)
- Pick through the berries and remove stalks, bad berries and larger snuffs.
- Lightly bruise the currants, but don't mash them to death.
- Put the currants and sugar into a preserving pan and bring to the boil.
- Stir well to ensure that the sugar all dissolves.
- Boil gently, skimming off scum as it appears.
- Continue boiling until the jam is clear and thickened.
- Pour into prepared jars.