Rhubarb Jam II
Recipe type: Jam
- 1.4kg (3lb) rhubarb
- 450g (1lb) seedless raisins
- 910g (2lb) sugar
- 2 lemons
- Clean the rhubarb and chop into 3cm (1 inch) long chunks.
- Wash the raisins, remove any stalks and chop the fruits finely.
- Put the rhubarb into a pan and heat slowly until you can see the juices escaping.
- When the juices are flowing, increase the temperature and simmer until the rhubarb is soft.
- Add the sugar, the juice from the lemons and the raisins
- Bring slowly to the boil, stirring all the time until the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Continue boiling until setting point is reached.
- Pour into warm jars and seal well.