Recipe type: Jam
Cuisine: New Zealand
- 450g (1lb) skinned tamarillo fruits
- 450g (1lb) cooking apples, peeled and cored*
- 910g (2lb) sugar
- 45ml (3 tablespoons) warm water
- Place the tamarillo fruits in a preserving pan.
- Slice the apples, and add them to the pan.
- Add the water and heat gently.
- Leave to simmer until the apples are broken down to a pulp.
- Add the sugar, and stir gently until the sugar is entirely dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and keep it boiling briskly until setting point is reached.
- Transfer to hot sterile jars and seal immediately.