Apple and Orange Jelly
Recipe type: Jelly
- 900g (2lb) apples
- 2 oranges
- 300ml (1/2 pint) of water
- Cut the apples into chunks, but do not core or peel them.
- Grate the orange peel and juice the oranges.
- Added grated peel and orange juice to the apples.
- Cook over a low heat until the apple is soft and pulpy.
- Place the mix in a jelly bag and leave to hang.
- Measure the collected juice, and for every 600ml (1 pint) of juice, allow 450g (1lb) of sugar.
- Put the juice and sugar in the pan and bring to the boil, stirring well.
- Boil fast until setting point is reached.
- Pour into jars and cover until cool.
- Seal the jars properly when the jelly is cold to the touch.