Apple Juice Jelly
Recipe type: Jelly
- 1 litre (1.75 pints) of apple juice
- 60ml (2 fl oz) lemon juice
- 800g (1lb 12oz) sugar
- 40g (1½ oz) of powdered fruit pectin
- Add the apple and lemon juices to a large pan.
- Add the powdered pectin, stir well, then allow the mixture to rest for about 2 minutes or until the powder is all dissolved
- Place the pan on the stove and bring to a strong boil.
- Add the sugar, stirring all the time, and keeping the mix boiling. Once all the sugar is added and dissolved , continue to boil hard for another 2 minutes, removing any scum from the surface with a wooden spoon.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars, then seal.
- Makes up to 1.8l (3 pints) of jelly