Recipe type: Jelly
- Wash the gooseberries but do not top and tail them.
- Place the gooseberries in a preserving pan with just enough water to cover them.
- Heat the pan and simmer until the fruit is soft and tender.
- Pour the entire mixture into a jelly bag and hang it over a large bowl.
- Leave the bag to drip over night.
- Take the dried pulp, place it back in the preserving pan with enough water to cover it.
- Simmer the pulp and water for an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Strain the pulp through the jelly bag again, allowing the two lots of juice to mix.
- Weigh the juice and add 450g (1lb) of sugar to every 600ml (1pint) of juice.
- Heat the juice and sugar, stirring to make sure the sugar dissolves.
- Bring the mixture to the boil and keep it boiling until it sets when tested.
- Skim if necessary.
- Pour into prepared jars and seal.