Recipe type: Jelly
- 2.7kg (6lb) loganberries
- 1.2l (2 pints) water
- Place the fruit and the water in a preserving pan and cook at a simmer until the berries are tender.
- Use a potato masher or similar tool to completely mash the berries.
- Pour the mashed berries and water into a jelly bag and hang it over a large bowl.
- Leave the bag to drip for about 12 hours (over night is ideal).
- Measure the juice you have collected, and weight out sugar at the rate of 450g (1lb) of sugar for every 600ml (1 pint) of juice collected.
- Put the juice and sugar into a cleaned preserving pan and, stirring all the time, dissolve all the sugar and bring to the boil.
- Continue boiling until the jelly will set when tested.
- Skim if necessary.
- Pour into prepared jars.