Recipe type: Jam
- Place ripe medlars in a preserving pan with just enough water to cover them.
- Simmer until the fruits become a pulp.
- Strain the mixture through a jelly bag and collect the juice.
- Measure the juice and for 600ml (1 pint) , add 350g (3/4lb) of sugar.
- Place the juice and sugar into a preserving pan and heat, stirring all the time until the sugar has dissolved.
- Boil for two hours until the juice becomes a still jelly.
- Skim the jelly if necessary.
- Pour into prepared jars.