Recipe type: Jelly
- 2.7kg (6lb) cooking apples
- 3 Lemons
- Wash the apples and roughly chop them.
- Finely chop the parsley.
- Place the apples and just enough water to cover into a heavy bottomed saucepan.
- Add the juice of the lemons and half of the parsley, bring to the boil and simmer for around 20 minutes or until the apples are soft.
- Place the apple pulp into jelly bag suspended over a large bowl, leave to strain over night.
- Measure the volume of the liquid, add 450g (1lb) of sugar for every 600ml (1 pint) of liquid.
- Heat gently, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to the boil and cook rapidly for 10 - 15 minutes until the setting point is reached.
- Skim the surface if necessary
- Add the remaining chopped parsley.
- Allow to cool a little before pouring into prepared jars.