- 2kg (4lb 7oz) raspberries
- 75ml (5 tablespoons) water
- Check the berries and discard any rotten fruits.
- Put the fruit and the water in a preserving pan and cook slowly until the fruits have fully broken down.
- Transfer the pan contents to a fine muslin bag and allow to drip over a container.
- Leave until juice no longer drips from the bag. DO NOT squeeze the bag - this will force pulp through and produce a cloudy liquid.
- Measure the juice collected and place it in a clean preserving pan.
- Bring the juice to the boil.
- Add 500g (1lb 2oz) of sugar for every 600ml (1 pint) of juice.
- Keep on a medium heat and stir well until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Bring to a brisk boil and keep it there for about 10 minutes or until setting point is reached.
- Transfer to warmed and sterile jars, and seal well.