Rosehip and Apple Jelly
- 910g (2lb) of ripe (red) rosehips
- 1.9kg (4lb) apples
- Peel and quarter the apples and place in a preserving pan.
- Add the rosehips to the apples in the pan, and just cover with water.
- Add one more pint of water and place on the stove to simmer until the fruit is soft and well cooked.
- Transfer to a jelly bag and leave overnight to drip into a collecting bowl.
- Return the collected juice to a clean preserving pan and add 450g (1lb) of sugar for every 600ml (1 pint) of juice.
- Boil until setting point is reached.
- Pour into warm prepared jars and seal well.