Rowan Jelly II
Recipe type: Jelly
- 1.4kg (3lb) Rowan Berries
- 1.4kg (3lb) of unripe or Crab Apples
- Cover the rowan berries with water in pan, cook until soft and mushy.
- Cover the apples with water, and boil until soft.
- Transfer each fruit to a jelly bag and leave overnight to drip into a collecting bowl.
- Combine the collected juices in a clean preserving pan and add 450g (1lb) of sugar for every 600ml (1 pint) of juice.
- Boil until setting point is reached.
- Pour into warm prepared jars and seal well.