Recipe type: Marmalade
- 1.4kg (3 lb) apples
- 1 large orange
- 1kg (2lb 3oz) cups granulated sugar
- 30ml (2 tablespoons) lemon juice
- 340ml (11 fl oz) water
- Put the lemon juice and a little of the water in a bowl.
- Wash, peel and core the apples.
- Cut the apples into thin slices and drop into the lemon juice and water.
- Slice the orange very thinly, then remove pips and quarter the slices.
- Place the remaining water in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Add the sugar, lemon juice and the fruit.
- Keep boiling well and stir constantly to make sure the sugar is fully dissolved.
- Keep at a rolling boil and stir constantly until the mix thickens and reaches setting point.
- Pour into hot sterilized jars.
- Seal well.