Carrot Marmalade II
Recipe type: Marmalade
- 450g (I lb) carrots
- 4 medium lemons
- 1.5l (2½ pints) of water
- 1.8kg (4 lb) sugar
- Peel and grate the carrots.
- Grate the lemon rinds and squeeze the juice into a pan.
- Add the grated rind and carrots to the pan, and add all the water.
- Heat to boiling point and then leave to boil for 45 minutes. Add a little extra water if needed.
- Add the sugar to the pan and stir well until it is totally dissolved.
- Boil for about 30 minutes or until it reaches setting point.
- Pour into warmed jars, and seal.