Recipe type: Marmalade
- 3 grapefruits
- 2.7kg (6 lb) sugar
- 3.7l (6½ pints) of water
- 1 sweet orange
- 3 lemons
- Put the grapefruit into a large pan with 3.6l (6 pints) of hot water.
- Boil for 2 hours, then take them out and let them cool. KEEP the water.
- Peel the orange and lemons.
- Break up the flesh of the orange and lemons and put it into the water saved from boiling the grapefruits.
- Place the pips from the orange and lemons to soak in ½ pint of water.
- Peel the grapefruits, then slice the peel as thinly as possible.
- Break up the grapefruit flesh and put it into a new bowl. Separate out the pips and add them to the other pips in water.
- Leave for 24 hours.
- Add all the fruit together in a preserving pan, and pour in the water in which the pips have been soaking.
- Bring to the boil and boil hard for 10 minutes.
- Add the sugar and stir constantly until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Keep boiling until the juice will set when tested.
- Skim if necessary, then pour in to prepared jars.